Native Ethiopian Gitem Demissie, owner of Ibex Ethiopian Bar & Restaurant, was killed by a masked gunman as he was preparing to shut down restaurant around midnight.
By Holly Fletcher (The Tennessean) |
Police are investigating what they described as the targeted killing of the owner of Ibex Ethiopian Bar & Restaurant on Murfreesboro Pike in south Nashville, Tennessee.
Gitem Demissie, 41, was killed by a masked gunman as he was preparing to shut down the Ibex Ethiopian Bar & Restaurant around midnight, according to police. A witness said the gunman, clad in a long-sleeved black shirt and black jeans, approached Demissie and shot him multiple times. The shooter then fled.
Investigators are looking into whether Gitem Demissie had been in recent disputes. The witness described the shooter as man standing about 5-foot-7 inches with light skin and a thin build.
Police are asking people with information about the murder or the shooter to contact Crime stoppers at 615-742-7463, or text the word “CASH” along with the information to 274637. Tips can also be made at nashvillecrimestoppers.com.
Source: The Tennessean
- Native Ethiopian Woman Waiting for Bus Hit, Killed by Car
- Ethiopian Woman Killed in Shooting Rampage in Philadelphia
- Ethiopian-Israeli Rapper Featured in Documentary Killed by Car Bomb in Rehovot
- Arizona Woman Who Killed an Ethiopian Taxi Driver Sentenced to 17.6 Years in Prison
- Ethiopian Poet, Singer and Taxi Driver Asfawosen Alemseged Killed by Passenger in Hollywood, CA