What makes Ethiopia so special? Hailed as the “Land of Origins,” the country is also the headquarters of the African Union and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
(Inquirer)―Filipino travelers have a new destination to include on their travel bucket list.
Ranking among the top 10 countries to visit in Lonely Planet’s 2017 travel destination list is Ethiopia, a landlocked nation in east-central Africa.
Being the only African nation in the entire Lonely Planet list, Ethiopia (officially Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia) stands out for its beautiful natural landscapes unparalleled in the region.
But what makes Ethiopia so special? Hailed as the “Land of Origins,” the country is also the headquarters of the African Union and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
Over the years, it has emerged as a developing country in Africa, cited as one of the world’s top five growing economies with its solid infrastructure and booming tourism industry.
In 2014, it welcomed over 800,000 international visitors, generating income worth $2.8 billion.
Continue reading this story on Inquirer
- Travel: Ethiopia Has Come a Long Way
- Where the World’s Only Grass-Eating Monkeys Thrive
- TRAVEL: Trekking and Climbing Debre Damo, Ethiopia
- Journey to Ethiopian Volcano Located in One of the Hottest Places on Earth
- Meet Isolated Tribes in Ethiopia, Take a Working Vacation on a Ranch and More