PRAGUE, Czech Republic (Xinhua)―Prague Marathon 2017 was held in Prague, Czech Republic with Gebretsadik Abraha from Ethiopia and Valary Aiyabei from Kenya winning the men’s and women’s events, respectively, on Sunday (May 7).
Gebretsadik Abraha won the men’s event with 2:08:47, and Valary Aiyabei won the women’s contest with a track record 2:21:57 which is 37 seconds faster than the previous track record achieved by her compatriot, Lydia Cheromei, in 2011.
In the men’s category, Bazu Worku finished second, followed by Mekuant Ayenew, both from Ethiopia. In the women’s category, Ethiopians Amane Beriso and Tadelech Bekele finished second and third, respectively.
PRAGUE MARATHON 2107: RESULTS
1. Gebretsadik Abraha (ETH) 2:08:47
2. Bazu Worku (ETH) 2:08:48
3. Mekuant Ayenew (ETH) 2:09:00
1. Valary Aiyabei (KEN) 2:21:57
2. Amane Beriso (ETH) 2:22:15
3. Tadelech Bekele (ETH) 2:22:23
- Tsegaye Mekonnen (ETH) and Jessica Augusto (POR) Win Hamburg Marathon 2017
- Kenyan and Ethiopian Athletes Took First and Second Places at London Marathon 2017
- Feyisa Lilesa Wins NYC Half Marathon, Continues Protest against Ethiopian Government
- Ethiopian Runners Excel at 2017 Hong Kong Marathon, Winning Both Men and Women’s Titles
- Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge Runs Fastest Marathon in History, Comes up 25 Seconds Short of Sub-Two-Hour
- Ethiopian Buzunesh Deba Named Rightful Winner of 2014 Boston Marathon, after Kenyan Rita Jeptoo Tested for Illegal Drug