KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait (Arab Times)―Officers from General Department for Residency Affairs arrested 11 Ethiopian housemaids for cheating several citizens and expatriates in collaboration with a domestic labor office.
According to a press release issued by Ministry of Interior, when the General Department for Residency Affairs received information about several citizens and expatriates being cheated by a domestic labor office, a team was formed for investigations. After confirming the information and taking necessary legal measures, 11 Ethiopian housemaids were arrested.
When their details were checked, it was discovered that they are all wanted by law, as they were reported as absconding and some of them were involved in other cases.
General Department of Public Relations and Media Security urged Kuwaiti citizens and expatriates to deal with only domestic labor offices that are licensed by the ministry, insisting that they should not trust everything they see and read on social media.
- “Win an Ethiopian Maid” Ad Condemned in Bahrain
- Ethiopian Maid Video Underscores Middle East Abuse
- Kuwaiti Woman ‘Investigated over Ethiopian Maid’s Window Fall’
- Ethiopian Maid Jumps from Fifth Floor Balcony in Tripoli City (Lebanon)
- Australian Husband of Diplomat Kept Ethiopian Girl as Sex Slave and ‘Abused Four Maids’