LangBot will join the winners from other countries at the final, where it will pitch for the chance of securing US$500,000 in equity investment.
By Tom Jackson (Bizcommunity) |
LangBot, a gamified and artificial intelligence (AI)-powered language teaching chatbot, has been named the winner of the Ethiopian leg of global early-stage startups competition Seedstars World, earning the chance to pitch at the grand final in Switzerland next year.
LangBot will now join the winners from those countries at the final, where it will pitch for the chance of securing US$500,000 in equity investment. This came after seven Ethiopian startups pitched to a panel of judges at local innovation hub, iceaddis.
Offline learning startup SRE was second, while on-demand taxi app ZayRide came third. The other startups pitching were individualized teaching platform Mak-Addis Tutors, chat-based money transfer service Meda Messenger, business automation startup SemayDocs, and news provision service smsCrush.
Continue reading this story at Bizcommunity
- ZayRide: Uber-style Taxi App Launched in Ethiopia
- Meet Seedstars World’s 11 Top Startups of Ethiopia
- How an Emerging Media Startup Is Helping Change Ethiopia
- Disrupt Africa: Ethiopian Taxi App ZayRide Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- Ethiopian Startup Accepted into 2017 Silicon Valley Water Innovation Accelerator