KENT, Wash. (Associated Press)— Police say a man stabbed a 51-year-old woman (native Ethiopian, named Tirengo “Fanta” Ferede Tesema) to death outside a home in the Seattle suburb of Kent.
Kent city police say several people called 911 Wednesday afternoon to report the attack and that a man was walking down the street with a knife.
Kent police Commander Jarod Kasner says a woman was found at the scene with critical stab wounds. Commander Kasner says the woman died at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Police say a 54-year-old man (supposedly her husband and father of her two children) with blood on his clothes and a knife was taken into custody.
Police believe no other suspects are at large.
The Ethiopian community in Seattle Metropolitan Area has set up an online GoFundMe account on Thursday to fund-raise money for the victim’s funeral and the community as asking any amount of contribution by clicking here.
Source: Q13 Fox News
- Body of Ethiopian Man Missing in Lake Union (Seattle) Found; Family Identifies Him
- Colorado Springs Hospital Staffers Come Together to Get Injured Ethiopian Trucker Home to Texas
- Isaac Shawo, Son of Ethiopian Woman, Told His Mother He ‘Didn’t Want to Die’ on 18th Floor of Grenfell Tower
- Three Children of Ethiopian Descent Killed in Car Accident in Canada; Their Parents Survived, in Critical Condition
- Ethiopian Parents in Gwinnett County, Georgia Charged with Child Cruelty; Say Belt Beating ‘Common’ in Ethiopia