Mr. Sufian Ahmed served as Ethiopia’s Finance Minister from 1995 to 2016 making him the longest serving finance minister in Ethiopian history.
By Brian J Dugan (The Harvard Ministerial Leadership Program) |
BOSTON, Mass.―Sufian Ahmed Beker, former Ethiopian Minister of Finance has been appointed to the Advisory Board of the Harvard Ministerial Leadership Program. Mr. Ahmed served as Finance Minister from 1995 to 2016 making him the longest serving finance minister in history. He is widely acclaimed as the architect of Ethiopia’s impressive economic progress over the past 20 years. Sufian Ahmed is currently Special Advisor to the Prime Minister, Hailemariam Desalegn, on Macro-Economic Development.
Additionally, Luisa Diogo, former Prime Minister and former Finance Minister of Mozambique has been appointed Vice Chair of the Advisory Board. Madam Diogo has served on the Board since 2015.
Source: The Harvard Ministerial Leadership Program
- Duke Graduate, a Daughter of Ethiopian Immigrants, Admitted to 11 Medical Schools
- Ethiopian-American NYU Graduate Created a Scholarship to Help Students of the Black Diaspora
- Sara Hailu, the Daughter of Ethiopian Immigrants, Is The Charlotte Post Foundation’s Senior of the Year
- High School Student, Son of Ethiopian Immigrants, Offered Six Million Dollars in College Scholarships
- An Ethiopian Tale: A Story of a Young Man who Cheated Death Twice to Graduate from Texas Heart Institute