RALEIGH, N.C. (WRAL.com)— Abyssinia, an Ethiopian restaurant located in the Mission Valley shopping center in Raleigh, NC, was vandalized early Sunday (September 10), according to police reports.
Officers said the front window of the restaurant, located at 2109 Avent Ferry Road, was broken between 4 and 6 a.m., causing about $500 worth of damages.
A photo of the damage on Facebook showed trash and food scattered on the sidewalk and parking lot. According to officials, no one was in the restaurant at the time of the incident.
The restaurant has not released a statement about the incident.
- Ethiopian Man Beaten in Warsaw, Poland in Apparent Racist Attack
- Ethiopian Woman’s Mouth ‘Melted Shut in Horrific Acid Attack by Husband’
- She had been in the U.S. for only hours when an explosion changed everything
- Native Ethiopian Woman Stabbed to Death in Seattle Suburb, Her Husband in Custody
- Isaac Shawo, Son of Ethiopian Woman, Told His Mother He ‘Didn’t Want to Die’ on 18th Floor of Grenfell Tower
- Three Children of Ethiopian Descent Killed in Car Accident in Canada; Their Parents Survived, in Critical Condition
- Ethiopian Parents in Gwinnett County, Georgia Charged with Child Cruelty; Say Belt Beating ‘Common’ in Ethiopia