TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (Tahlequah Daily Press)― Rise Up is inviting the community to a Taste of Ethiopia, Thursday, Nov. 16, 5:30-8 p.m. at the NSU Jazz Lab, 315 N. Muskogee Ave., Tahlequah, OK 74464. The event is free and open to the public.
Rise Up Director Scotty Batie, with John Yeutter and Pam Moore, will bring stories, photos and cultural items from their recent trip to the U.N. Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) World Heritage site in Konso, Ethiopia. They will also update attendees on the construction progress for the school villagers are building in partnership with Rise Up.
Rise Up is committed to providing educational spaces, opportunities, and learning resources to rural, developing, and indigenous communities around the world. Rise Up Inc. is a Tahlequah 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, funded by donations from individuals. Learn more at riseuped.org.
Source: Tahlequah Daily Press
- Q&A: How a Former Model Built a Dream School in Ethiopia
- Help Park Slope (New York) Business-Owner Send Books to Students in Ethiopia
- Tahlequah (Oklahoma) Residents Make Big Impact by Helping Build School in Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Missionary, Hero in Award-winning Documentary to Visit Greenville, South Carolina
- Language, culture and unity: Ethiopian community discusses goals at ‘Immersion Lab’ event in Woodbury, Minnesota