RAS AL KHAIMAH/SHARJAH (Gulf News)― An Ethiopian maid allegedly committed suicide by hanging at her sponsor’s home in Ras Al Khaimah, police said on Sunday (Oct 29, 2017).
The 26-year-old Ethiopian maid identified as Z.M.A. committed suicide on October 22, 2017. She killed herself by tying a rope around her neck and hung from the ceiling at the house in Al Jazeera Al Hamra area.
She started working for the Emirati family seven months ago. “Her sponsor informed the police that she received kind treatment in his house, she informed the family that she has had a difficult life which forced her to work as a housemaid. She is married and has kids, an official said.
The housemaid committed suicide while the family was sleeping and they discovered her in the morning.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, an Ethiopian woman in her Forties died in Sharjah after being run over by a speeding car in Al Tawoun area.
The police are investigating the incident.
- Two Girls Attacked by Ethiopian Maid in Saudi Arabia
- Kuwaiti Woman ‘Investigated over Ethiopian Maid’s Window Fall’
- Ethiopian Maid Jumps from Fifth Floor Balcony in Tripoli City (Lebanon)
- Ethiopian Maids and Hiring Office Jointly Cheating Citizens, Expats: Kuwait
- Ethiopian man pleads guilty to possession of 40,000 contraband cigarettes, granted bail