Chercher Ethiopian Cuisine and Bar will open its doors at 4921 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814 to serve authentic Ethiopian cuisine including vegan, organic and gluten-free menus.
By Joe Zimmermann (Bethesda Beat) |
BETHESDA, Md.―A new Ethiopian restaurant is set to open in downtown Bethesda, the State of Maryland.
A sign outside 4921 Bethesda Ave. announced Chercher Ethiopian Cuisine and Bar is “coming soon” to the spot.
Until September, the address had been home to Suma Restaurant and Bar, a restaurant that opened in the spring of 2016 with American fare. A sign at the door this fall suggested the closure was temporary and due to renovations.
This summer, another Ethiopian restaurant was announced for Bethesda. The owners of Lucy, a restaurant in Silver Spring, will open a second restaurant in the former Grapeseed space. They intended to start service in the fall, but it hasn’t yet opened.
The sign for Chercher was first reported by local blogger Robert Dyer.
Continue reading this story at BethesdaMagazine.com
- Elilly Restaurant and Coffee House in Sioux City, Iowa Serves Authentic Ethiopian Food
- Sheger Cafe and Ethiopian Restaurant Plans to Open in North Cambridge, Massachusetts
- At EYO Restaurant and Sports Bar (Falls Church, VA), Dinner Comes with Live Music and Dancing
- This Ethiopian ‘gem of a restaurant’ serves delicious food, but the owner is struggling to make ends meet
- Manchester’s hidden Ethiopian restaurant doesn’t make the best first impression… but the food (and the coffee) make up for it