An Uber driver, named Kal Y. Habtemariam of Sterling, Virginia, was charged with aggravated sexual battery and forcible sodomy, and was held at an Adult Detention Center without bond
By Justin Wm. Moyer (The Washington Post) |
LEESBURG, Va.―A Virginia Uber driver was arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a passenger last week, police said Thursday.
On Dec. 27, a woman reported she was sexually assaulted by an Uber driver after she was picked up in Herndon, Virginia at around 1:30 a.m., Loudoun County Police said in a statement.
While on the way to a residence in Sterling, the driver stopped the vehicle in the area of Rutherford Circle and got into the backseat where he sexually assaulted the woman, according to the statement.
The driver, who was identified as 44-year-old Kal Y. Habtemariam of Sterling, was charged with aggravated sexual battery and forcible sodomy, and was held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center without bond, police said.
Source: The Washington Post
- Native Ethiopian man threatened to kill white police arrested near White House, police say
- Ethiopian man gets five years in jail for plotting to kill business partner, could be deported
- Ethiopian Maid Hangs Herself in Sponsor’s Home, Another Ethiopian Woman Dies in Car Accident
- Native Ethiopian Taxi Driver Suffered in ‘Nasty, Unwarranted’ Gun-Attack in Wellington, New Zealand
- Native Ethiopian Massage Therapist Accused of Touching Women on Their Private Parts without Their Consent
- Englishman discovers a stowaway Ethiopian migrant hid in the BOOT of his Nissan all the way from Calais to Wales