According to the sponsor, the Ethiopian maid was working for him for the past seven years and found her dead in her room. The body has been referred to the Department of Criminal Evidence for an autopsy.
KUWAIT CITY (Arab Times)― Personnel from the General Department of Criminal Evidence in Kuwait are looking into the death of an Ethiopian maid who was found dead inside the house of her sponsor in Firdous (in Farwaniyah Governorate), reports Al-Anba daily. The source pointed out, the security authorities have not ruled out foul play.
In the meantime, the daily said the death was reported to the Operations Room of the Ministry of Interior by an elderly Kuwait who lives in the house. He told the police he found the maid dead inside her room seven hours after her alleged ‘disappearance’. When personnel from the Department of Criminal Evidence rushed to the spot, they found scratch marks on her body.
According to the sponsor, the maid was in his employment for the past seven years. He told police the maid went missing for seven hours and when he went to her room and knocked on the door, she did not answer and when he forced open the door with the help of his wife, he found her dead. The corpse has been referred to the Department of Criminal Evidence for an autopsy.
Source: Arab Times – Kuwait News
- Ethiopian Maid Wanted in Girl’s Murder ‘Dies’ in Police Custody in Kuwait
- Despite abuses, expelled Ethiopians hope to be smuggled back to Saudi Arabia
- ‘They beat me with an electric cable’: Maid breaks both legs escaping alleged abuse
- Australian Husband of Diplomat Kept Ethiopian Girl as Sex Slave and ‘Abused Four Maids’
- Ethiopian Maid Hangs Herself in Sponsor’s Home, Another Ethiopian Woman Dies in Car Accident