Abadir Abdi, a resident of Stone Mountain (DeKalb County, Georgia), believes the same person has burglarized his home three times since 2011. He said he and his wife are scared and extremely frustrated.
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (FOX 5 Atlanta)―They have spent thousands of dollars on ways to protect their home. They’ve tried new locks, home security cameras, and even burglar bars. But that didn’t stop crooks this week from hitting the home of a DeKalb County couple for a third time.
Abadir Abdi believes the same person has burglarized his Stone Mountain home three times since 2011. He said he and his wife are scared and extremely frustrated.
The 40-year-old even shared surveillance tape of his most recent burglary Tuesday night at about 7. The video shows the intruder repeatedly crashing into the garage door until he breaks it.
Abadir Abdi believes the burglars watch his home and strike when he and his wife leave. He says they stole $700 on Tuesday (Jan. 8).
DeKalb County Police said they do not have a record of the past two burglaries, but the assigned a detective to this most recent one.
Meanwhile, Abadir is spending thousands in his eight camera security system, burglar bars, plywood, new windows, and an alarm system with Ackerman.
The Ethiopian native now worries about the next break in and even is considering buying a gun.
Source: FOX 5 Atlanta
- Native Ethiopian wins the prestigious Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2018
- Native Ethiopian Gedeon Tsegaye is one of San Francisco’s only high-profile black bar directors
- Native Ethiopian foster teen gets surprise gift from man diagnosed with brain tumor, on a mission to give back
- Native Ethiopian Martha Mamo named head of Agronomy and Horticulture Department at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Native Ethiopian couple, Drs. Asefa Mekonnen and Belen Tesfaye, honored with prestigious Awards for Excellence at Washington Adventist University